
Next on the list, USG 10K and 5K races. We ran the 5K together - I told my dad I wanted to push myself and beat my personal best. He said "Ok" and I ended up
CHASING him down the race course - he kept me at a fast pace and I did beat my time! Woohoo! I finished 3rd in my age group and 11th overall in the women. My dad finished 2nd in his age group. It was the best race I've ever run, but not the easiest. My rabbit kept me going, even when I thought I was going to simultaneously hurl and cry and collapse. It was worth it.

Me on the podium after getting my medal.

Dad on the podium after his 5K medal.

I was impressed with my dad, especially considering that the day before he had run the 10K and placed 3rd in his age group (pictured above)! He's amazing.
1 comment:
So proud of you!! Wish I had been there to cheer you on and take your picture!
Post a Comment