
I cut my hair yesterday. I won a shirt today. Here is a picture of both.
I am so proud of myself and my Aunt Sandy once told me that "If you don't stick up for yourself (or brag about yourself), who will?"
I won this shirt at our faculty retreat today. I went in my heels and slacks, all ready to start a new, professional school year. Then my principal busts out the news that there's a National Guard climbing wall out back and every department must be represented. Since I am the only member of my department under 40, I was automaticallly nominated. Sweet (not really, my slacks were tight just sitting there - how was I going to CLIMB?). I will give credit to J and R, the other 8th grade English ladies. They tried...really hard...to climb that thing.
So, I scaled the easy side and the guy says "Try the hard side." And I do whatever strange ROTC guys tell me to do, so.....I tried it. I made it to the top to push the siren button thing. It was hard...really hard....my arms were shaking uncontrollably afterwards, but it was totally worth it because as I came sliding down, the ROTC guy's like "You were the only one on the whole faculty who made it to the top on the hard section" as he tosses me this rad t-shirt.
That's right. The only one - out of the boys and the chics.
I have found my true calling in life.
2 comments:
WOW, I'm so proud of you!! (singing..."I'm Every Woman...")
We always new that Aunt Candace was amazing and now we have proof!
Post a Comment