6.30.2008

life is good

I realize that a blog is not just a photo album, so here is a quick update on how our little family is doing.

We spent the last weekend busy up in Northern Utah. It's been a slow summer - not having something to do when you're used to having something to do is taking some getting used to for me. Luke hurries home every night to see his new little buddy and take care of something around the house - he realized the other night that he hasn't been fishing once this whole year! We have just been spending time with family a lot and learning how to garden and take care of grass (well, Luke is)! We are keeping our fingers crossed, but hopefully we'll have a good supply of corn and squash in a little while and a yard with no dead spots (Luke swears his lawn is dying, but I think it looks great) I'll have to post some pictures of the garden.

Ty is now a professional roller and will start solid foods this week, as soon as I can get my butt to the store to buy the needed supplies. He rolls all over the place and is constanly rolling,squirming and scooting into the most interesting locations. He chews on EVERYTHING - his onesies, his hands, his toys, our hands.....we'll see if anything comes of it anytime soon, but no teeth yet. He loves being outside and going for walks, taking baths and watching baseball with Luke. He hates having his face wiped and holding still. He just had his 4 month checkup and here are his stats : 13 lbs, 24 inches. Everything's looking great growth-wise.

Anyways, nothing too exciting, but I guess those little things are the things that friends and family from far away miss out on. Every day I realize how lucky and blessed we have been - life is good.

3 comments:

Dyer Family said...

Those faces are too cute!! Once they start moving, theres no goin back!!! Good luck, now youll spend your day getting him outta things hes not supposed to be in!

Hillier said...

What a cute boy you guys have.... those are some cute pictures of him. :)

Anonymous said...

Dear Ty,
I hate having my face wiped too!! especially with a smelly rag:(
Thanks for coming up to see us, we love you. Grandpa G