Excuse the length of this, but the story must be told.
Well, my friend Angela has cockroaches, my mom had ants, I have CATS!! When we first moved into our house we noticed a black and white spotted cat that hung around quite a bit. We eventually realized this cat lived under our shed. The cat never bothered us, and Luke thought it was good for "mouse control" so we just let it be. About the time Ty was born, the cat became an issue. I would sit up for those middle of the night feedings with Ty and I could hear all these cats making a ruckus (ew ew ew) outside for about a week or two. I complained and complained to poor Luke because I HATE CATS and I HATE THE NOISES THEY MAKE WHEN THEY ARE DOING THEIR THING! Finally the cats went away and life returned to normal. A few weeks ago, Luke noticed the black & white cat looking a little full in the belly and he asked if I thought it looked pregnant. Oh boy. In the meantime, I found out from my neighbor that you could go and rent a live trap from animal control for free and then let them take care of the cat. I kept putting this chore off, until Tuesday afternoon. I came home and saw the black and white cat sunning herself on the dirt with FOUR KITTENS!!!!!! I lost it and poor Luke had to listen to me rant and rave again about yucky cats. So the first thing I did this morning was take a trip down to animal control and rent myself a trap. They gave me a little can of cat food and I was on my way. I set the trap and stuck it next to our shed and kept checking on it out the window.
FINALLY at about 1, I caught the mom cat in my trap. She was not happy.
2 comments:
Oh my gosh, that is so freaking hilarious! I am sitting here laughing at my computer...I also hate cats, but love that you thought to use the fishing net for the kittens, very creative!
Im with you on the cat thing, not my cup of tea!
Post a Comment