10.22.2009

Red Ribbon Week at my school is much cooler than it was when I was in middle school. We have dress up days with a little 'drug free' theme so everyone can get their costume buzz and hopefully be sick of it by the time Halloween rolls around (for which they are NOT allowed to dress up). We also do it during the week after Harvest Break, since it's only 4 days long (helping us all keep our sanity since dress up days = squirrelly kids).
It's slightly different each year, depending on what the students in leadership positions decide. This year we had Sports Day - "Champions don't use drugs", Hippie Day - "Say 'Peace Out' to drugs", Rock Star Day - "Be a rock star, say NO" and on Friday we dress up according to the hall we have 3rd period in - my hall's theme is Twins. Today my entire 3rd period decided we would ALL dress up the same - white tees and jeans. We'll see if anyone besides me follows through.
In past years I didn't really dress up, except on Sports Day because I love wearing my LeBron jersey. This year, I decked myself out each and every day. I didn't get a photo of myself on Sports Day - just picture me in navy blue slacks and a LeBron James jersey. Here is Hippie Mrs. R and Rock Star Mrs. R with some other rock stars. I love my job...