
Yesterday we went to Las Vegas to watch the Air Show at Nellis AFB. In the words of that stinkin' cutie off of Incredibles, it was TOTALLY WICKED! Obviously, my photography skills have some room for improvement - I had to post a picture example of how my "sky" shots turned out so that the reader would understand why I didn't have any.

This guy is a Thunderbird. Thunderbirds are a team of 6 hand-picked fighter pilots who have actual combat experience. They can pull amazing stunts in sync and seperately. I was in awe and was actually emotionally moved (I know, I'm bizarro) with each pass they did - upside down flying, barrel rolls, shooting straight up and down, wow. Never did I know such a person existed and now, I want to be one. And maybe hook up my little sister with one.

Of course, with loud noises involved, Ty was a little unsure at first. He then figured out how to do everything with his ears covered (including eat and drink) so he could enjoy the rest of the show.

We sat right by the runway as these beauts came rolling by (please notice the covered ears).

At the beginning, after waiting in ridiculously long bus line #1, before waiting in ridiculously longer bus line #2, but still having an awesome time.
1 comment:
This is sweet Candoo!! Given that I'm your only little sister too, I accept your request. I expect a date next weekend with a thunderbird! :)
Can't wait to see you guys next week! It's gonna be fun!
Post a Comment