10.09.2010

Finally done with SEOP week...finally. It's really not that bad - I love meeting parents and embarrassing their students with how dorky I am, but since I'm just a part-timer, I have to go back to the school every afternoon for my appointments and that gets a little wearing by Friday. So, yay, I'm done. This years batch of punks has finally started to blossom - in very weird ways, but still, they no longer sit and stare at me the entire class period. For example, these are the happenings of just one class on Friday, as we did a laid-back creative assignment:
1. I was asked if I could be called "Homeslice."
2. A boy tried to write with his pencil stuck between the scrunches of his eyelids.
3. Same boy started experimenting with his binder rings, seeing which body part hurts the most to get snapped in. Verdict - nostril.
4. Every three minutes or so, a student would break out into Shirley Temple's "Animal Crackers" song, thanks to a recent film study we did in class. Listen here - but beware, it's catchy.
5. I was asked to demonstrate the Sprinkler and the Shopping Cart dance moves (I did not oblige).
6. We realized that my tallest student is so tall, he is taller while kneeling than my shortest student is while standing (we checked).

Love my job.

1 comment:

Blake and Audra said...

You are an awesomely fun teacher!!