
Luke tried helping his Grandma mow her lawn yesterday - turns out the hot weather doesn't do much for growing grass and he didn't need to. He gave Ty a ride instead. Pretty sure the kid loved it.


Luke's Grandma has lived in this OLD house in Parowan since she was married. The property is very large for what I'm used to seeing (I am guessing at least 1 acre?) I've never noticed, but these horse corrals in the back are pretty neat. Not to mention there's a silo! They're a little overgrown and unused now - mostly just a parking garage for the mower.

I peeked inside the tack shed and there was still a bunch of old stuff in it. I love old stuff, especially old cowboy stuff. I took pictures; Luke thought I was nuts-o. He's been around it all his life, so no big deal to him. This city girl had never seen such a thing. It's like going to Pioneer Village at Lagoon, but in real life so you could touch everything. Seriously.
I kept imagining what it was like back in the day when Luke's grandpa was a young buck, taking care of his horses back there, saddling up for a ride with his buddies or down to the farm....
P.S. Sorry, I am currently obsessed with time-travel. I just finished this book, The Time Traveler's Wife - SO AWESOME! Read it.
1 comment:
what a cool old barn. I love stuff like that too. I went to Wal Mart last night after I finished the book I've been reading, to see if they had Time Traveler's Wife. They didn't and I was REALLY sad so I'm going to Barnes and Noble today to get it. I'm glad you said it was so good! I hope you're going to Bear Lake next month and we can talk about it. You should read Sundays at Tiffany's. It's super good too!
Post a Comment