5.01.2009


Ok all you experienced mommas - we need some help.
I took the day off today.
It was fun...
... until about 7:30 am when I became stir crazy and bored. Ty and I went for a walk and then at 8 I was bored again. So we had breakfast and by 9 I was racking my brain for something to do. Luckily Ty took a morning nap. Oh wait. Not luckily, because that made me REALLY BORED. We did get to go grocery shopping. That's right. I said "Get to" because it was something to actually DO. Now we're back, we've had lunch, gone to the park and Ty's on nap #2...and I'm bored. I don't see how all you stay at home women do it - I AM GOING NUTS!!! I have just realized that in about 3 weeks, I'm going to have a whole heckuva lot of these days, and I don't think my husband would appreciate me grocery shopping every day. Maybe you get used to it. Maybe I just need to be more creative. Seriously, though. After meals, a walk, the park and naps - what are some fun things we can do so I don't get BORED? Poor Ty - his mother has ADHD.

2 comments:

Angela said...

Ok, so I am so thankful for this post!!!! This is soooooo how life is. Trust me, this is so normal, at least it is exactly how I feel and especially how I used to feel when I just had Wyatt and he was younger. Ty is at a hard age, because it isn't like you can set up play dates or sign him up for swim lessons or preschool. I'm not telling you to set him in front of the t.v. all day, but does he like Baby Einstein movies? Wyatt used to like those and we would try and throw those into the mix every now and then. As Wyatt got a little older we would take trips to the library, but you can't really do that with Ty. I honestly know how you are feeling though, because I remember feeling this way, and even now that I have 2 and one of them is a little older and more busy now, I still have days when I feel that way. Buy a little pool this summer and let him play in it in your backyard. Or you could get one of those little sand boxes, Sydnee loves to sit in the sand at the park. He could dig for hours. Get a dog! I read to Wyatt a ton. I also do bubbles a lot with my kids. It isn't a ton of fun for me, and I usually start feeling really light headed afterward, but the kids love it for a really long time. This whole boredom thing also may be why Wyatt learned all of his shapes, colors and numbers so early. I didn't always know what to do with him, so I made the file folder games and we had at it most days. Although Ty, once again is still kind of too little for the whole file folder thing. The days might go by faster for you if you can come up with some projects to do. Take up sewing, repaint your house, I don't know. But while your busy with your new hobby Ty can take a nap and play with toys, or watch Baby Einstein. Even if you don't want to buy anything a lot of mine and Wyatt's walks consisted of walking over by Roberts and Maurices. This killed some time. I can always spend time looking around Roberts, even if I'm not going to spend money there. I know some of the things I mentioned, Ty isn't quite old enough for yet, and the others won't take up a lot of your day, but I hope maybe something helped. But I am thankful for this post, because that is exactly how I feel most days. It is good to know that I am not the only one that feels this way!!! I was laughing during most your post, and I had to read it to Jer because this is exactly what I am complaining to him about most of the time!! I am constantly telling him that my days get so routine and Wyatt gets really bored. I am always asking for suggestions to mix things up a bit. And I am always asking Jer what he thinks other people do with their kids all day. I always wonder if I am the only mom that has trouble entertaining her kids all day. When you are home all day without plans it is really hard to fill the time, and it makes for some really long days!! It is easier as you have more kids and they start to get older. Wyatt is now able to get involved in things like preschool, swim lessons and even sports teams. Those days are coming for you. Just hang on! Good heavens!! Sorry this is sooooooooo long!! Let me know what you come up with!

Mama said...

Hey cousin! Sounds like life to me! We have a ward play group, take classes at the community center, and watch A LOT of movies...so I can clean, or just not answer WHY? for awhile! Have a Great summer!
love, melinda