Luke and Ty attended their first ever Major League Baseball game on Friday. The Rockies and the Mariners played 2 Spring Training games in Las Vegas, so we got the heck out of dodge (a very slushy and snowy dodge) and made our way to the sunshine. The game was fun - even though I remember exactly 1 play out of the 8 innings we watched.
Luke enjoyed himself, and that's truly what I wanted since he'd never been to a game before.
I just need to remember : 1 year old that usually goes to bed at 9 pm + baseball game that goes until 11pm = 2 hours of screaming fits, avoided only by walking back and forth on the crowded concourse with aforementioned 1 year old in your aching arms. OK, so maybe I'm exaggerating a little, but we could definitely tell when Ty had had enough. The next day, we hit the Premium Outlets on Charleston and I got to wear sandals and a tee shirt all day, allowing all the rough moments from the night before to be forgotten. Is it bad that shopping solves all my worries?
2 comments:
awww, the outlets! No, its not bad that shopping at discount stores (even if they are high-end) in the warmth of the sun erases the stresses of motherhood! That's the definition of "mommy time."
SOunds like Vegas fun! I wished we could have gone. Ty Rowley= pro baseball player?
Post a Comment