We are fine.

But I was once told that FINE meant "Feelings Inside, Nothing Exposed" so I guess we're more than that. Here's a for reals update.
Luke is working his booty off. He is being a banker and semi-liking it - it's the best job he's had so far, I think. He is also working a part-time job at a local elementary as a sweeper. He goes in at night and vacuums and does the light cleaning. Our hopes are that this leads to a full time job as a maintenance guy or something similar in the school district, so we're just kind of waiting this one out. He's a silly dad and loves to teach Ty new words and sounds (like coughing really loud). He is in the young mens at church, keeping track of the 14/15 year olds and he likes that a lot. So do I - he can take Ty and I don't have to chase him around church!
I am also working, but not quite as hard. Still teaching English to goofy 8th graders1/2 days at the middle school - and I can honestly say I LOVE MY JOB! My students are hilarious and endearing and I think that this year's batch has been my favorite ever. The rest of the day, I mom it and hang out with Ty. Kinda going crazy with the cold weather - we are OUTTA this house as soon as it gets warm! I am in Primary...the secretary...and it's a butt-load of new stuff that I'm still getting used to. I'll let you know if I survive - the chic before me was like Super Primary Secretary, so I might die. Of incapability. We will see.
Ty is almost 1! Holy mackerel. He hangs out with the babysitter across the street for a few hours a day - she has a cute little girl he loves to play with. When I go to pick him up, he usually ignores me and I have to go physically pick him up to leave. It makes it so much easier to know he loves going there. And we love her. He's walking, thinking he can run, but he can't. He just biffs it and gets right back up to try running again. He is learning how to climb on top of and up things...oh man. We think he's finally teething..still no fruits to show for that labor, though. He is picking up a few words - ball, dada, buh-bye, uh-oh, no no no no...the last one is his favorite. And of course, he is our #1.
2 comments:
Kensey didn't get her first tooth until she was 1. The pediatrician said it means their teeth are super strong. So, the longer no teeth the better. (If that makes it any better!)
hey there i didnt know you had a blog.. love it i have finished the earrings update talk to you soon love ya toni
Post a Comment