12.21.2008

for tanya - mini cupcakes





This year for Christmas treats I made these mini cupcakes for our neighbors since last year I totally party pooped and did nothing. The recipe/instructions are on the Bakerella blog. Tanya made some too and wanted me to put pictures of mine up. They turned out really well, I thought. But holy moly did they take a long time. Good freak - my mom and I started around 3 and finished cleaning the last dish at about 10! I was going to do this all on my own and I think I would have been chucking mini cupcakes across the room if I had to do it all alone. We made 155 cupcakes and only killed 3 of them throughout the various processes of dipping, decorating and transferring. And I think we ate some too...I can't remember. It was all a cake balling, candy melting, m&m placing blur. But a fun one, for sure - totally worth it once a year!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

They sure are pretty! Almost too pretty to eat! How fun was that

The Fisher's said...

Holy CRAP! You are a cupcake MACHINE! Look at you go. I am so sick of these cute little things I've been tempted to throw a few at the wall myself. They look good, I see no mistakes, and that's hard to do. I bet your neighbors loved 'em :) Thanks for the pics!

Shelly & Danny said...

Hey Martha Stewart, that's pretty impressive. And Ty is getting cuter as he gets older, not that he wasn't cute when he was little...he just is getting cuter...you know what I mean:)

Shelly